Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The eventually-ending story

Is qiewer extractor finished (besides bug-fixes)?
I'm mostly out of ideas now, and I think I covered the most important archive types now.

I only got the request for support of password protected archives, but I haven't got a clue how to incorporate that into my framework. It was on my mind from the beginning, but unless I have a sudden inspiration it won't happen soon.

On another note, I wrote an interface for zpaq. But as it's memory and CPU utilization can be very high, I'm not sure if I should integrate it in the next release.

But qiewer extractor 0.8.1 will for sure have the preview handlers enabled. Seems to work fine with text or pdf files.
And that brings me to my last point:
I made a preview handler for images as well, really simple, just to zoom into and move around a bit.
If there is any demand I would name it preqiewer, and release it.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for this update. I have a feature request for the next release, an option to automatically open the folder after extraction. TIA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Open the folder in a new explorer window?
      Only in case you used the "Extract" in the context menu?

      Most work would probably be the interface where you can enable/disable this option, so far I've nothing like this.

      Delete
  2. About "preqiewer", does it work on images within an archive?

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, with qiewer extractor 0.8.1 it would work within archives as well, that's why I enabled the preview pane.

      Delete